Hard Drive Recovery Sydney
Looking for a professional data recovery service? We can help.
Data Retriever specialises in data recovery from hard disk drives (HDDs) and has expert capabilities in working with electronic repair of flash media and other electronic storage devices.
We have a high level of familiarity with common operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Apple’s Mac OS X and legacy systems (OS9 and older), Linux and *nix server platforms, DOS, Novell systems and more. We have a deep understanding of file systems and logical data structures typical of each (NTFS, FAT/exFAT, HFS/HFS+, UFS, EXT, ZFS and more).
We have a high success rate of recovery from storage media with logical damage as well as mechanical and electronic failure or damage. We serve a wide variety of clients, both private/individuals as well as commercial and not for profit organisations. We have a simple and rewarding recovery partnership program available to IT service providers of any size.
Common HDD data recovery scenarios we address include:
- Mechanical (clicking, squealing, screeching, otherwise noisy drives)
- Firmware (failing to detect correctly or at all, abnormal behaviour)
- Electrical (failing to spin up, burning smell or even smoke emission)
- Logical (deleted or missing files, broken file systems, malicious attacks)
We recover from all current HDD manufacturers and many older, uncommon makes, including:
- Western Digital (WD) / Hitachi / IBM
- Seagate / Samsung / Maxtor
We’re competent with recovery from many file systems & environments including:
- Windows (3.x, 95/98/ME, 2000/NT, 2003/2008, Vista/7/8, 10) – FAT32; NTFS
- Mac (legacy, 7/8/9, OS X) – HFS/HFS+; APFS
- Linux (Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, Red Hat, SuSE, Ubuntu) – EXT2/3/4
- Unix (AIX, BSD, HP-UX, SCO, Solaris, UnixWare) – EXT; UFS/FFS; ZFS
- DOS – FAT; FAT16
- Netware – NWFS
- OS/2 – FAT12/16; HPFS
We never charge for our evaluation of your failed hard disk drive. As always, we strive to provide you with relevant and clear information in a pressure-free manner, helping you to make an informed decision about how to proceed from that point. We’re available for contact at any point before, during and after your recovery – please call or email any time for friendly and professional assistance and advice, or if you’re ready to send your drive in for a free inspection and quote, you may review our process and prices before making a booking.